Monday, September 13, 2010

Zoo Boise

On Friday we took a little trip downtown to the zoo. It was an interesting day to go because there was a huge "Art in the Park" thing going on which made parking horrible, but the zoo was practically empty. I had read reviews that it was small, but I thought it was a perfect size. We saw every animal and were there a little over three hours. It was sad to see quite a few animals alone in the exhibit, but there was a decent variety to look at and we loved that the eating area was surrounded with animals. The petting zoo part was really fun. I made Savannah feed a goat. Jaxon did not like the goats very much. I think he thought they were biting us (pictured above).
Note: I almost had a panic attack when we walked into an exhibit that looked like it had a carnival theme and the door shut behind us, leaving us in a dark room with large bats behind a thin and very close sheet of glass... brought back some memories from my trip to Chicago.
Here are a few pictures and my favorite videos.
Savannah and the pheasant

Pretending to be a bird in the fake nest

Found the Tiger

The Elephant

Savannah loved the Giraffes and was very interested in their living arrangements

Jaxon and the bobcat

1 comment:

Lauren's Latest said...

I think I found that bobcats mom the other day. Alert the zoo.