Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jaxon's 1st birthday!!!

Warning... Long post!
Today is the day my baby boy turned 1 year old. I can't tell you how much I love this guy. He can always make me smile and is such a great baby. I have always heard there is a special bond between a mother and son and I did not believe it until I met this little guy a year ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember checking in for my induction into room 1, lots of talking with nurses and Noah, my horrible epidural, my water being broken, then sudden progression and less than ten minutes of pushing before I got to hold him for just a minute, then they took him away. It was almost 4 hours before his breathing was regulated enough to join me in our room 120. I remember holding him almost the entire time we were in the hospital, him meeting friends and family, the first time Savannah met him and she cried, then she came back after a nap and loved him. Between him going to the hospital at 7 weeks, first smiles, rolling, sitting up, trips to Santa Rosa, San Diego, Disneyland, crawling, walking, ear infections, first words, and so much more... I have loved every minute with my little boy. I love that he plays peek a boo, binky swaps, dances up and down, makes this choking sound when he is excited, eats everything in sight, walks with his arms up in the air, hunts down the toilet brush, and so much more! It's been a wonderful year little Jaxon!We spent the day together as a family and after some time out, we got Chinese take out, opened presents and let him attack his cake before he took a bath and very quickly passed out. Noah suggested red velvet cake and today I decided it should be a turtle. I didn't realize that red cake for an animal cake can look kind of weird until it was too late. It reminded me a bit of the armadillo cake from Steel Magnolias.
Some facts about my little boy right now:
He loves almost everything he can eat
Favorite toys are tools, cars and drumsticks
Favorite non toys are spoons, toothbrushes and hairbrushes
Says Mama, Dadda and Nanna (Savannah)very clear, but not much else
Walks very fast and isn't crawling much any more
Hates the sound of the vacuum
Explores wherever he can
Favorite tv shows are Blue's Clues, Go Diego Go and Yo Gabba Gabba
Loves strawberries SO MUCH
Is a morning person (unlike his mommy)
I Love You Jaxon!!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday little man! I cannot believe it has already been a year! Wow! It seriously seems like a couple months ago I was holding him right when you got home! It make me so excited for our little one to come:)The cake is SO cute Amy! You are such a fun mom!

Bongard Family said...

Haha.. dont look too close at the cake. I decorated it in less than 5 minutes and then Savannah took her finger to an eyeball.

Amy Diestler said...

I love the cake!!! What cute kids you have!