Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Boise... In my opinion

So far, so good. The whole family and I are enjoying our time here and are getting to know the land. We are amazed how OBSESSED people are here with BSU football. I knew they loved it, but it is all you see everywhere and all they talk about on the news. Seriously, before amber alerts and robberies, BSU football is always the first story, followed by cat stories. Costco shows old games on the tvs in the electronics sections, and you can actually buy turf from their old field at Noah's store.

We like where we live, but our upstairs neighbors are super loud. Noah and I like to come up with random explanations for the noise. I think they must be be doing suicide run drills at, rolling barrels, jumping and galloping instead of walking, etc. I really don't understand how a 9 month old, a small guy and a very pregnant woman can make so much noise all the time, but they can!

Savannah finally calls our place home. She is liking sharing a room with Jaxon more and more. I think she likes it more than he does. She loves nursery at church and asks to go all the time. Apparently the play dough is key to her happiness. She is listening a little more now and has been binky free since Friday morning. There has been less of a fight than we thought there would be.

Jaxon is happy here... although I think he would be happy anywhere. He is a very easy going kid, although I really wish he would leave the toilet brush and several of the kitchen cabinets alone.

I am happy. There is a newer walmart less than 2 miles away and 5 miles the other way is a really nice shopping center with a Costco, Target and lots more. The mall with Crazy 8 is about 20 minutes and the zoo is 26 min. I have everything I need. Adjusting to not working is odd, but going ok. I am starting to figure out some of the fun cheap things to do around here and we will start going to story time at the library next week. I looked into ballet classes for Savannah, but I think we are holding off for a year because she is not fully potty trained and we don't know how long we will be here. I like our Ward at church, but really miss our old one. Looks like I might start watching a little girl of someone Noah works with too.

Noah really likes his job, but it seems like he works pretty long hours. He gets home and then it's time for dinner, baths and a little playtime before bed. Some days are earlier coming home, but that usually means earlier to bed because he is tired. It's alright though because we currently do not have cable or satellite. We have an antenna outside and pick up nbc, fox and cw. All of the essentials are covered for our tv watching and everything else we will catch up on dvd at some point. Netflix streaming is a common source of entertainment in our home too. I think Noah misses his alone time from when I worked. He doesn't know when to play his video games or watch his weird movies.

Life is going good. I have a feeling we wont be here more than 6 months so I am enjoying small living and simplified everything. I seem to be less stressed too. I think ALL stress will go away when we have health insurance in a month and I can stop being paranoid about colds and being bitten by hobo spiders (so far we have killed 6).

2 comments:

alex said...

Glad you're finding new things to enjoy in your new home. Moving is hard, but usually change is good!

crosshairly said...

I thought that was you at Wal Mart tonight! I remember you looked really familiar because I was roomates with Lauren Ernhoffer! what a small world.. Savannah was so cute showing us her pumpkins!