Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Parties

Before we left Pleasant Grove we had a couple little parties to celebrate my kid's birthdays with friends and family. I know it was a bit early (as their birthdays are over the next few days), but on the 21st we had a party for Savannah and on the 29th there was a family gathering for both Savannah and Jaxon. Savannah wanted 3 people at her Toy Story party; her cousin Eli and her friends Reed and Maddy. She made the requests, so I planned accordingly and invited them. Savannah's cousin Kaden was my helper and between pizza, a couple games, presents and cupcakes I think every adult helped at some point. I knew we were missing all of our guests birthdays and that kids love opening presents, so we played a little present game where each kid opened a present. They were all wrapped 6 times with different paper, so they were a little confused, but it was very fun to watch. I am really going to miss all of Savannah's friends, so more than anything I wanted to have the party so they could all play together one last time. Savannah had a major melt down when I handed out party favors. It reminded me of last year at the little gym. Here are some pictures from the parties.
My awesome nephew Kaden

Savannah's buddies: Eli, Reed and Maddy

A few party pictures
Jaxon got a few presents too. He loves his dishes, books and his Perry the platypus. He sleeps with his Perry every night.
Alien cupcakes
The very happy birthday girl. This reminded me a little of her party last year at the Little Gym. She did not want to give party favors to her friends and between that and nap time, she was not happy. She did pass out 3 minutes after my sister left. She was on the couch and fell asleep sitting straight up. When she woke up she was SO happy and first thing she put on a party hat and wanted a cupcake My dad put together the party on the 29th. I love my dad! He got "stick the tail on the donkey," some party decor and a really yummy cake. Jaxon was a big fan of the cupcakes around the cake. I let him have 2. Sugar high
Savannah loved her presents from my parents. She got 2 pairs of Jesse pajamas from my parents and Jaxon got a Cars play mat with 3 toy cars. We all have fun with the cars. All in all we had a fun time celebrating our kids a little early. Savannah now thinks she is turning 10 from all the candles she has blown out, but I dont mind because I love celebrating my kids with the people I love.

1 comment:

Lauren's Latest said...

I love your themed parties! Both cakes/cupcakes were darling! You're so good at party planning. And, your dad is so stylish in those plaid shorts!!