Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jaxon's first tooth


Jaxon's first tooth came in over a month ago. I did not think he would be seeing the dentist so soon, but this past Wednesday he had his first appointment. It was 3 weeks of waiting for the first available appointment after I thought that the yellow spot on his tooth just did not seem normal and thought I should call. The receptionist and nearby hygienist had never heard of something like it (always reassuring).


So after a quick look of me holding Jaxon's body and his head resting in the dentist's lap he started to explain it all to me. I guess 8 weeks in utero, while his teeth started their first stage of development, something just didn't form right. This caused the other two stages of tooth growth to not be right. Hopefully it's just the one tooth but there may be more. Jaxon will have to visit the dentist more often and is much more likely to have cavities and even crowns on his sweet little teeth. Who would have thought that a yellow spot would make me so sad. Now every time he pulls himself up in his crib or onto the coffee table or TV stand and starts to chew, I get a little nervous. His tooth is going to wear down easily and will probably have a bowed down "crescent" shape soon because it is so soft.

No comments: