Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Good Day!

Yesterday was a great day! I love when Noah has a day off and we do something fun. As soon as I got home from work, took a shower and after an early lunch we headed out. We bought a cheap kite and headed to the park. Savannah LOVED it! She had so much fun and every time Noah let her hold the kite string she dropped it and Noah ran to chase it, so I loved watching too.
When they got tired of the kite we headed over to the park. Savannah helped push Jaxon on the swings and even showed a little independence and wandered around on her own. She is pretty impressive to watch at a playground because she is not afraid of anything. A group of about 5-6 kids between the ages of 5 and 7 were wandering around and one boy asked Savannah what her name was. Noah and I stood back and let her be and both of us got so excited when she answered all on her own and said "My name Sa-yan-a." We have never heard her tell anyone else her name when asked. My little girl is growing up!
We then went shoe shopping and both Savannah and Jaxon got some new shoes. Savannah loves shoes and an entire store of them was very exciting for her. We made this little trip because she was saying "ow" when we tried to get her feet into her size 7 light up Minnie mouse shoes and when they measured her feet and she was a size 9, I understood why she said her feet hurt in the other shoes. We measured Jaxon's feet too and he is a size 4! My little boy is getting so big!!
After a nice drive around different neighborhoods and a pit stop for formula we headed home. Savannah then decided she wanted to paint. I love that she is so artistic. She loves to do anything with paper, and painting is her newest love. She is very good at making circles and is starting to try to draw specific objects.
After painting we had a little outside time behind our place and then read another chapter of our book before saying good night. I had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Lauren's Latest said...

I can't believe Jaxon is in size 4 shoes! Brooke wears size 4! He's such a big boy now!