Saturday, May 8, 2010

What a week!!

So this week has been pretty great. Life has been very stressful due to finding out Hollywood Video is closing their doors. My acne is pretty much at its worst in a long time and I have been not sleeping well due to the stress, but even through the drama, life seems to still have several great moments. Savannah has been such a great girl the past week. She has been listening more, saying so many new words and actually making some sense, says "may I" when she asks for anything, and is cleaning up when I ask. I know these are pretty normal things for most children, but Savannah has always been a bit of a diva and the term terrible twos fit her well. I love the way she has been. She is so nice to Jaxon and the two of them are getting along so well. The random smiles and hugs and even hand holding in the car is so cute.
Jaxon is crawling so fast now and has finally decided to explore instead of follow me around. Its been a few days of him getting more into toys and not minding every time he falls the 12 inches to the floor from standing. He is a bit of an emotional and sensitive boy and Noah and I are very happy he is finally toughening up a bit. He transitions and cruises on every piece of furniture he can. Noah is 28 now!! His birthday was on Thursday. He had Wednesday off, so we decided to go out a day early. It was such a good day. We had lunch at Tucanos, then went on the hunt for books to ready as a family before bedtime. After a trip to Borders for some books and then the purchase of some goods at the chocolate store for Savannah, we headed to the library and then the park. We are now about 1/4th of the way through A Series of Unfortunate Events book 1. I am loving the family time and Savannah is loving more reading time. On Noah's birthday Savannah helped me decorate and put up signs and streamers. I found some old birthday party supplies and Savannah had to set up the "party." I made Noah his favorite dinner and we had to wear Mickey Mouse ears and use Mickey Mouse napkins (Savannah's "party" setup). Noah asked for hcg for his birthday and I'm gifting it to myself for Mother's Day. We start tomorrow and though I am sad to not eat much, I am exciting for results. Here's to hoping we are skinny in 43 days!!! I love Noah so much. It was crazy to think that Thursday not only marked his birthday, but 4 years since he proposed! I am so lucky to have Noah as a husband. I wrote him a little letter on Wednesday night at work and as I was thinking of what to say I was reminded by so many reasons I love him. I truly am blessed to have him in my life. I used to kid that I knew he was "the one" because I didn't want to date one of his friends more than him, but there is so much more than that. He always knows how to make me smile, makes me laugh and always knows exactly what I need. Its amazing how you think you love someone and couldn't love them anymore, but somehow your love just keeps growing.
Cross your fingers that Noah gets a new job soon!!

No comments: