Monday, May 17, 2010

Diet update

So last Sunday Noah and I started the hcg diet. We are taking the drops and following the 500 vlcd (very low calorie diet). I really hate it, but it is working so we will press on. I am really getting used to it and seeming some simple changes we can make in our diet when we are done to be a little healthier. I just really really want a cupcake. We had our load days last Sunday and Monday and so far from our highest weights I am down 7 lbs and Noah has lost 11 as of yesterday morning. I can't deny the results, but really you can't gain when you eat so little so I am not surprised. We have 40 days of drops and skip drops once a week so there are less than 40 days left! I'm so excited to see how this goes and lucky to have Noah get me through it.

4 comments:

Lauren's Latest said...

7 pounds is great! I've been meaning to call you, but I keep forgetting, so I will try and remember to call you today! I love that you said "I just really want a cupcake!" You're so funny! You and Noah are going to do great!

Ginger said...

You have so much will power to do this diet, I can't even imagine! I think I have already consumed 500 calories this morning!!! But that is why my butt will stay fat and yours will be skinny!!! :) And when you are finished I will make you a cupcake!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

I think it's amazing you are able to do this diet! Not that I am surprised, cause I'm not. But, to stick to a diet that hard takes a lot of self control! Way to go you guys! I'm cheering you on the whole way! Really, I'm proud of you!

The Deal Family said...

That's awesome Amy!..Congrats to you both... So I guess the diet does work huh? I've been wanting to try it but not until I can get my son to stop nursing..poor me.. guess I'll just have to catch up with you...Best of luck..keep us updated!!