Monday, June 29, 2009

To snip or not to snip

So I have a twitter account and occasionally post random tweets. Today I called my insurance company and was told they will cover our son's circumcision wherever it is done and so I tweeted a little something about it earlier today. I was happy about it because it has never been a question for me as to whether we would have it done. I think Noah remembers making fun of his cousin too much to ever put our own son through it, and I figure its not really something I have an emotional connection to.

So I just checked my email and have a new follower on twitter who sent me tons of anti circumcision links. Apparently I am not giving my son a choice before I mutate his body the way God gave it to him. I know its cosmetic and I know its not medically necessary to have it done, but I really think its Noah's choice as his father and another male, to make the choice. I don't need strange people sending me links about how I am "making a choice my child will never be able to take back." People are weird. I know everyone has their own views on the subject and I respect that, just don't send me links about how evil I am.

1 comment:

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

That is crazy! I hate when people have the nerve let along the time to do stuff like that! I think you should find all the sites and info about why you SHOULD circumcise and send it back! She clearly missed them during search, perhaps you could help her out a little! Some people, I tell ya!