Friday, June 12, 2009

Another one bites the dust

So today I reached the ripe old of age of 24! Its a little scary to turn older at this point. In fact I think anything over 21 really does not come easily. I'm glad it was a low key day. I worked last night so I got home at 9:15, Noah gave me a few presents and then headed off to work, Savannah and I played until we went out to lunch with my friend Nicole, and then came home and played some more. Its almost 8pm and Noah is stuck at work still dealing with some drama and I am taking a short break from Blues Clues. I feel like a bad mom because I have put off dinner. We were going to go out so Savannah has eaten apple slices and pretzels to hold her off and I haven't eaten anything for a while so I can be hungry when Noah gets home. I think the unborn child needs me to give in, especially after my attempts at my new Disney DDR game caused his living quarters to contract a bit and he has been kicking a lot since.

I think my favorite thing about birthdays is the calls and little messages. Its nice to sign on to facebook and have tons of comments, get little text messages, and sometimes phone calls. One of my favorite things about my birthday are the little traditions. My brother probably does not realize it, but since he got home from his mission he has texted me my first happy birthday greeting in the middle of the night every year. My other favorite thing is that my dad calls and as soon as I say hello he starts to sing Happy Birthday. Its funny how little things like that mean so much more to me than presents (something I would not have said 5 years ago). I loved talking with my sister and spending some time with friends, and more than anything I loved having a good day mostly at home with my daughter. I kept thinking that by next year we will have another baby and she will have changed so much. Time is something I don't take for granted and my 23rd year was a great year, but too fast!

No comments: