Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Unlike most of Utah, we don't have any real plans for 4th of July. Its been a low key day so far. Savannah and I took lunch to Noah at work. Since I was dying for a soda, I stopped at McDonalds and I got Savannah an ice cream cone on the way home. She did pretty well. She sure loves ice cream (I think she got it from her Grandpa Ty and I). We are watching Happy Feet now and waiting for Noah to come home. We will probably find some fireworks somewhere and spend from 5:30 on, just doing things as a family.

I always have loved the 4th of July. I love history and am a very patriotic person, but more than that I love the traditions my family had. When we were younger we always watched the local fireworks or set off some of our own, and in Florida we went to the Boy Scout pancake breakfast and then found a nice little spot to watch the amazing fireworks at Disney. I am really excited for my parents to be out here next year and to spend the holiday with more family. Until then its just Savannah, Noah, my belly, and I, but I still wouldn't trade it for the world. Hope everyone has a safe holiday and that you don't get caught with your illegal fireworks. :)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Too sad, I thought we were the only people around who didn't have any plans! Little did I know while we were sitting at home like big dorks wishing we had someone to do something with our next door neighbors were at home too!