Friday, July 31, 2009

What we've been up to

So the past couple weeks have gone by so fast!! It seems like we just got back from California because its been crazy.

Tuesday the 21st, my nephew Eli came to play while his big brother Kaden was getting his tonsils taken out. Savannah and Eli get along great and they had a lot of fun going to Target, eating popcorn, hot dogs and tater tots, coloring and getting out all the Little People. He is such a sweet kid!
Wednesday the 22nd my super awesome friends Ginger and Nicole threw me a surprise baby shower! I feel very loved. :) Many of the amazing people I know came and helped me build up my supply of baby boy things. I really know some awesome people! Thanks everybody that came!
Since then it has been a lot of moving and cleaning. This is the first time moving with Savannah and it is not easy. She does not like to see her toys go into anything and suddenly wants everything she has not played with in a long time that I was about to donate to the thrift store. Between moving and cleaning I think my hips and legs have had it, but I was SO happy to hand over the keys to our old place today. Its nice to know I only have one home to get things done at now, and I don't have to deal with ignored repair requests. The place we live in now is so close to the old place (same street), but so much nicer and cheaper! Time to get my nesting on.

In the midst of all the action going on around here, we do have occasional time to sit and read.
Savannah is becoming more and more familiar with the potty chair. I just wanted to have it around so she becomes used to it and apparently she has. We talk about all the potty vocabulary and when she picks up a few more bits of the lingo we will be making a little more progress.

So that's been life. Now we are trying to set up life and get ready for the baby to come. My mom is now in Utah and we had a fun family breakfast with my dad before he headed back to Florida. My super awesome sister Erin gave me a couple boxes of hand me downs that Savannah and I had fun going through and now I am onto more picture hanging and sorting/washing baby clothes. 5 weeks to go!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

That picture totally crakcs me up!!! What a kid!