Monday, July 20, 2009

Wedding in Cali!

So I am up way too late and have way too much energy, so why not blog about our weekend?! Btw... Noah is doing inventory all night, so its not like I am keeping him up or avoiding him. :) So let me tell you about our weekend. Thursday afternoon we started heading west for my second cousin Jessica's wedding in Red Bluff, CA. After missing seeing that side of my family at Thanksgiving due to rabies shots, I was very excited to see everyone and finally introduce them all to my husband and my sweet little Savannah. Sadly I happen to look like a whale at this moment in time and was pretty embarrassed about that, but it was still wonderful to see everyone and especially to be there for Jessica and Coy's day.


Thursday we drove to Reno and stayed the night at the Circus Circus. We had two queen size beds, so instead of getting out the pack and play I shared a bed with Savannah and Noah got some better sleep in the other bed. The second we walked into the room Savannah claimed her bed. She is so funny! We had a good night and ate at the buffet after waiting for the USAA roadside assistance guy to come and get the keys Noah locked in the car. :) It was a fun little stay before we hit the very windy drive to Red Bluff.

We checked in at the Best Western in Red Bluff around 4 on Friday and after some much needed air conditioning we headed to Jessica's rehearsal dinner. It was so nice to meet some new faces and see familiar ones!

Saturday was the big day. We had breakfast at the hotel and spent some time in the room before deciding we would rather stay another night to have our room and air conditioning to stay in all day, than find something to do in the 6 hours between check out and the wedding. (You have to understand I am pretty sure it was over 100 degrees the whole time)
We got ready and went to the wedding at 4:15. We had the chance to see more family amidst the 400 guests. It really was a fun night and I am so happy we went. My dad's Aunt Thelma, her kids, their kids... lots of wonderful people. Savannah was not too shy and had a wonderful time, especially with my second cousin Sarah. It was a long, warm and wonderful day. :)




We drove back Sunday and got home around 11:30. Luckily we had no major issues and everything went well. Savannah was great in the car and even though she dyed her skin when spitting out red slurpee, I love her. I am really glad we got the chance to go this weekend. You never know what bumps in the road can happen, but this weekend seemed to fall into place. It was so nice to have a final little trip with the 3 of us before Jaxon comes, and to see family.

It was great to be there on Jessica's day. I did not know I had much family on my dad's side until she started writing me when I was 10. A few letters, and a few thanksgiving later, she has become a regular recipient of Savannah photos and I wish her all the best!

2 comments:

Lauren's Latest said...

So jaxon it is?! I'm so excited for you! And, I have no idea how you are getting everything done. Amazing!

Ginger said...

I like Jaxon, good choice. And by the way, YOU DO NOT LOOK LIKE A WHALE!!!!! If I could bold and underline that I would!