Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No more hospital please!!

So I really wanted to make this pregnancy consist of one hospital visit and that should be for delivery. Well, this is not working out like I planned. Last week I went to get my blood drawn for a second antibody m test and was there for almost an hour! Poor Noah was stuck trying to entertain Savannah while I had to be pulled aside into a room by a strange man to discuss why i needed the test, followed by the people in the lab taking 30 minutes just to find what codes they needed to enter to print labels for my 2 tubes of blood.

So yesterday I go in for my normal OB visit and am told to go have an NST done to track fetal movement. I went over to Labor and Delivery when Noah got home. It took the nurse almost 5 minutes just to find his heartbeat and where to put the monitors. She asked me if the Dr told me he was breech... that was news to me. I laid there for an hour and everything was fine. They told me I had to come back to the hospital today for an AFI before they sent me home.

Today I went in for my AFI. The fluid levels were fine, the baby was fine, and everything else looked good except his position. While Savannah drove hot wheels up my legs and on the ultrasound tech's arms, the tech was telling me she had never seen a baby in this position. The baby is in between a breech and transverse position. She said he is running out of room and since he already does not move much, he may not be moving into a head down position anytime soon. For right now, his head is near my left rib, his bum on the lower left, and his feet are by my right hip. Only time will tell if he gets to where he is supposed to. All I know is that chasing Savannah and recoverying from a C-section would make life pretty crazy. :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Congrats on another baby! It's been so long! Your little girl is adorable! And hopefully you don't have to go to the hospital any more times than normal than you already have!