Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Miracle of Naps


So today was a bit rough for Savannah. We had a slow and slightly emotional morning, and did not make it to the first hour of church, but she seemed ready to get life moving around 11:15 so we went to nursery. Church without Noah seems to be very difficult, but I thought I had a handle of it today since he had to work. It did not last. One of the leaders would not let Savannah bring a marshmallow over to the rocking horse to eat while she rode and this did not make Savannah happy at all! She could not be calmed down, and of course today was the day I decided to intentionally not bring her pacifier, to see how she would do. The answer to that was, NOT WELL! I thought taking her on a walk around the building would calm her down, but between the incident with the marshmallow and it being nap time, there was no calming her down. Occasionally she would stop, lay down and just scream "bink," in the long drawn out way she asks for her pacifier. After I had enough of people asking what was wrong with her, I brought her home. I put on Tarzan, got her milk and her "bink," and within 10 minutes she was asleep. Two hours later an little angel woke from her sleep. I love when she wakes up this happy.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love naps, for me and Jayne:) Savannah is so pretty, she's totally a good mix of you and noah, i wonder what your ittle boy will look like?!