Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Saturday Night

So last night I had the awesome chance to go see the Young Women's Broadcast in Salt Lake. I remember watching it on TV when I was younger and always wanting to go, but never thinking I would have the chance. There are benefits to living in Utah and this was one of them. I was a little emotional walking into the room full of 99% women and was hit with this amazing feeling.
It was a great meeting and I hope the girls learned as much as I did. I am really going to try to work on the personal progress for the new value virtue this year. I was not always the best teenager and cause my fair share of grief for my parents, and I really hope that this new value really encourages the girls to be righteous. I have never sat so close to the prophet and felt so privileged to be there. We were 10-15 rows back and a section or two from the middle, but had a very clear view of every face.
Every once and a while I need a little pep talk, especially since I feel spiritually inadequate and physically drained most of the time, but this night really helped me feel a little more focused and helped me set some goals as a wife and mother to improve my family. I encourage everyone to listen to that meeting, especially if you have a little girl. You will feel very grateful for the new value.

No comments: