Monday, March 9, 2009

Daily Traditions

So everyday there are a few things Savannah and I do together. Some of them Noah does not even know about. Every morning when Savannah gets up we watch Curious George and eat breakfast. This is always followed by some type of laying on me on the couch, then chasing around the house. We take a trip up the stairs and jump on my bed for a while and after playing on facebook for a few minutes, we go downstairs and have a snack.
At some point a little later Savannah crawls into my lap and we take a nap together (my favorite part). She sleeps on me for about 2 hours and some days instead of napping too, I just look at her and wonder how I became so blessed with such a beautiful girl and enjoy the peace. When we wake up we eat again, then Savannah hangs out in the bathroom and talks to me while I am in the shower and 3 out of 5 times, comes in with me after playing peekaboo with the curtain so many times. Then I get her in her diaper and I get dressed and we play burrito baby in my blanket then watch cartoons. We then go for a walk to get the mail and take a tour of the parking lot if it is warm enough.


I hope Savannah knows how much I love her and every minute I spend with her. My house may not be spotless and not every day is the same, but I think there is nothing more selfless then taking your time to be with your baby as much as possible and give them all you can. I am grateful for a job that lets me do so, and a husband that doesn't mind if the dishes aren't done. I just hope one day Savannah knows that for at least 2 years of her life my schedule was about her and giving her all I can.


1 comment:

Alex and Amy Diestler said...

This is so sweet, it almost made me cry! You are such a great mommy--this is probably why she was/is such a good baby/toddler! I can't wait to see you guys!