Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Savannah Banana


So I just thought I would give everyone an update on how great my baby is. Savannah is now 16 months old and learning new words everyday. She actually said "but why?" when I told her "no" yesterday. She is running around like crazy, and loves to smile and laugh. Her favorite shows are Curious George, Sid the Science Kid, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Phineas and Ferb. Its good that her likes change often because I was having my fill of Bunnytown and Johnny and the Sprites, plus it makes me laugh every time we watch PBS, and my old student teacher from government class in high school, is the woman in purple between each show.

Savannah loves to look at books and do puzzles. She almost has her name puzzle from Christmas down. She also loves to play with her fisher price little people sets. I think she could play with them for hours, if I would let her.

Savannah will not nap in a crib, she prefers to fall asleep on her own, wherever. However at night, she lets us know when she is ready to get into bed. She will hand us her milk and start leaning toward her crib, or try to climb the side of it. She is sleeping through the night, and usually its a full 10-12 hours. :)

She loves to play with the snow, and go outside. Her pink fuzzy snow boots are always her preferred shoes, which says a lot, because she loves her shoes and has a lot of pairs. She also loves purses, her toenails painted, and make up brushes. She is very much a girl, and will be a great big sister someday. She pushes her dolls and stuffed animals in her little stroller or will carry them in her little doll car seat.

We go to Little Gym on Tuesday mornings, and this week she walked on the balance beam with almost no help. We still need to work on the bars, but they will come soon. She is also getting very close to doing a forward roll on her own. Its great for her relationships with other kids and her coordination... plus it wears her out a little. :)

That's about it for now. Just thought everyone might want a little update!

1 comment:

Amy Diestler said...

Sly, Amy, very sly. I caught it, though! :-)