Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holidays have come and gone

So, since the last time I wrote, a lot has happened. We were able to go to my sister's home for a wonderful dinner and some family time, I decided 2 days before Christmas to send cards, we had a wonderful Christmas, New years just kind of happened, and we have made some wonderful discoveries and goals for our family. Here is a little more on everything.

Dinner at my sister's was great. We always love going to her house, and this time I had the chance to see some wonderful newly finished rooms in the basement, and Savannah had the time of her life with the large amount of Little People her little boys have. It was good prep for Savannah's presents, because she got a lot of Little People. It was wonderful to sit down with family, and though there are often little disagreements between loved ones, It made me more and more grateful for my siblings, their spouses, and my wonderful nephews Eli, and Kaden.
Monday before Christmas I decided that since we never have gotten around to sending Christmas cards in the 2 years and now 3 Christmases we have been married, it was about time. In 20 minutes I dressed Savannah, took her outside for some pictures, and submitted them for printing on the Costco website. I was proud of myself for getting them out on Tuesday. Sorry to everyone that did not get one, our address list needs a good update.



Christmas was wonderful. My sister and her family came over Christmas eve to help us eat the 10 lbs ham Noah insisted we needed (we still have at least 3 lbs). Savannah had a great time playing with her cousins, and once again it was so wonderful seeing family around the Holidays. Christmas Morning, Savannah opened every present. She had been trying to get at them for days and was very happy to even open the presents to Noah and me. We played and stayed in our pajamas all day, until I went to work later that night. Thank you everyone for your wonderful gifts and thinking of us!

New Years just kind of came and went. We did not celebrate really, but it was nice to make some new goals for our family. We have been reading the scriptures and making sure we have family prayers together every night since. Hopefully we can keep it up and do better than the occasional times we remembered last year. We want to be a closer family, and especially be better examples and role models as Savannah begins to learn more and more this year. We are so very grateful to be parents and have such a wonderful and smart toddler. Hopefully we will be good enough for the job of teaching her and someday her siblings.

No comments: