Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Twin Falls

In the next few weeks we will begin our adventure to Twin Falls. It is a little more than 2 hours from where we live now, so the move won't be too bad. Noah has been there most of the past 3 months and I am excited we will be seeing more of him soon.

Over the past weekend the kids and I joined Noah for a little house hunting expedition. We looked at a lot of places and I became very worried about finding a place. There were quite a few fixer-uppers and many not safe for children. Luckily there were 2 places that we knew would work for us. Both landlords had several other applicants but somehow we were their first choices, so we got to pick. There was the perfect house, a little off the beaten path and out of town vs. a slightly more dated place with a huge fenced backyard and very close to Noah's work. We chose the latter. Paperwork will be signed on the 1st and the moving process will begin. I am starting to plan my packing strategies and when we will get our stuff out of my parent's basement in Provo.
I have never lived in a place where the mall has no Gap or children's clothing stores, but that is why God helped man create online shopping I guess. A lot of the town is older, but there is a Target, Costco, new Walmart and anywhere with a Five Guys and a Buffalo Wild Wings can't be bad. We drove by a few trails and saw great views of the bridge and a waterfall. Savannah was so excited! I am excited for more space and for our children to be back in their own rooms. I can see a lot of good coming out of this move. Plus, the landlord said we can have pets... I see a dog or at least a hamster in the near future (but we will have to see what Noah says).

2 comments:

Ginger said...

YAY! I am actually very jealous:( A HOUSE, A BACKYARD, NO NEIGHBORS looking in your windows! Amy you're livin the dream:) Even if it is in Twin Falls Idaho:) I really enjoyed Twin while I was there, I hope you do too! Hope to see you soon!

Lauren's Latest said...

My favorite part of this post is when you say "but that is why God helped man create online shopping" HAHAHA! Love you, Amy! :)