Friday, January 14, 2011

Our tubes experience

Tuesday we went to the ENT and within seconds of looking at Jaxon's ears he said he needed tubes and they were scheduled for Wednesday morning. It's sad and a little gross, but the Dr said Jaxon's case with his ears and all the infections was that his ears were not draining at all. Behind his ear drums was a large amount of puss and every time he was put on antibiotics the puss would become liquid, but still would not drain. This meant that when the antibiotics wore off, the fluid turned back to puss, causing another infection.

Jaxon was the first to be operated on for the morning. We had to arrive at the hospital in Boise at 6:30, so we were up and out the door by 5:50. After paper work and a whole lot of waiting the Dr came at 8:15. The procedure only takes about 5 minutes. They brought Jaxon right to me and said that he did great.

I received MANY warnings from nurses, friends and family that when kids wake up from anesthesia is a nightmare. Every nurse told me I was going to have my hands full since Jaxon would probably scream a lot and I had Savannah with me too. Savannah was fine and has found a new love for my Nintendo ds. She played Dora games and loved that I brought her headphones. With her entertained I was ready for the worst while Jaxon was still passed out in my arms. He slept a bit longer than most kids and when he woke up he grabbed his binky and his Woody doll and then gave me a hug and cuddled up with me. No tears, no screaming at all! I actually got a smile pretty fast. He is one tough boy! No sounds for his circumcision and then again for his ear tubes.

So far so good. He is very happy and sleeping pretty well.

3 comments:

Amy Diestler said...

I'm glad it went well! I've heard that can be a tough ordeal for kids to go through . . . sounds like Jaxon is a little trooper!

Lauren's Latest said...

I'm so glad and relieved that it all went well! What a little trooper! I'd be so nervous if I were you! Hopefully, he won't get any more ear infections!

Chelsea Cisneros said...

That is so great Amy! I hope that he can feel better now, and not get sick so often. Poor little guy!