Saturday, August 21, 2010

Goodbye car

So about 30 minutes ago I sold my car. I really did not think I would be this sad. It really is a great car, just not the prettiest. It got me where I needed (and wanted) to go for the past 5 years. I got it to make it through the crazy winters of Rexburg and to not have to walk a mile in a couple feet of snow to Walmart. It was my escape from the craziness of life. I would drive my friends to look out points to embarrass couples, diary queen for blizzards, drive in movie theaters, trips to Sam's club in Idaho Falls, random tanning sessions at Rigby Lake, etc. As ugly as my spotted car was, with it's missing paint and plush red interior... it was my first car that I paid for all on my own and this was the first car title I signed over.

Some of my favorite memories with my car:

  • Trips to Denver (2x), San Diego, Utah (oh so many times).
  • Being pulled over 5 times and getting only one ticket!
  • Happy meals...
  • Pulling into an exit of a bank in Rexburg with Noah and Dean... both of them screaming at me
  • Many dates with Noah
  • Driving without a rear view mirror for almost 3 years
  • My windshield before I replaced it.
  • Pretending to smoothly roll down my windows so people would think they were electric
  • Spray painting the missing paint spots
  • Paint flying off in giant pieces when I would drive on the highway
  • Random drives with Amy and Lauren
  • Going to Yellowstone
  • Running out of gas... over and over and over

Here are a few pictures

2 comments:

Amy Diestler said...

A moment of silence for that awesome car . . . kept me sane - I sure appreciate all those drives that got me out of Rexburg, and then back to Rexburg. Tear . . .

Lauren's Latest said...

So sad! We had some good times with that car! :( And, I agree with Amy--I really appreciated all the drives to work, to the store, to Rigby lake, to Utah, etc..