Saturday, July 31, 2010

Miserable baby

So shortly after sending Noah off to his new job in Boise, Jaxon began to scream and scream and scream and scream!!! I could get him calm for a few minutes, but the slightest movement, sound, well anything really would get him going again. I waited from about 10:45 until 3:30, when I decided enough was enough and called the Dr. First question was how much is an appointment with out having insurance and the second was if the nurse thought I should bring Jaxon in. An appointment was made for 4:30, and by 6:30 Jaxon had received a full physical, blood work done at the hospital lab and there were no answers as well as a very concerned Dr. 7:30, his pediatrician called me to tell me that the blood work results gave him none of the answers he wanted other than showing him something is wrong. And that he was still unsure of what is wrong. I told him that Jaxon hadn't screamed in the past hour and seemed a little more mellow so we both agreed to see how the night went. Jaxon woke up at 3 while I was changing his diaper and taking his temp. 102.6, just what I did not want to see. I spent a couple hours trying to get his temp down and hardly sleeping. Jaxon woke up a couple times with no major issues other than temperature. At 8am he was so happy and played, ate, and seemed fairly normal. Dr called me at 9 to check on him and I reported how great he had been since waking up. Jaxon was fine for about another hour and then just seemed tired and miserable with a slight fever on and off all day. He wouldn't eat much today, so I tried to feed him before putting him to bed, which he threw up all over himself. A bath and half hour of snuggle time helped him go to bed ok. I just hope this ends soon. I want my baby boy to be smiling and happy again. I am ready for August to be done so I can be in the same place as Noah. I'll miss my great friends, but I am ready to not be a single mom anymore. These two days have worn me out mentally, physically, emotionally...

1 comment:

Chelsea Cisneros said...

I am sorry Amy. Hang in there. I wish we were closer so that I could help. I hope that Jaxon is okay! Do you think maybe the flu? Poor guy!! Love you guys