Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh the memories!

My parents are finally done moving everything into their house. They made the trek to Florida and emptied out the storage units into a couple trucks. After getting stuck in Wyoming they finally made it here and on Friday night my dad brought over a few of my things.
Most people who know me, know that I am still a bit of a kid at heart and I was never able to part with a few of my childhood belongings. I had a big yard sale before I got married and parted with a lot, but there were a few things I kept in hopes that my kids would like them someday. I have a couple tea sets, lots of collectible Barbies in boxes, my 4 story dollhouse with all the furniture sets, a toy bench, and a few other mementos and sentimental items. The dollhouse and box with tea sets were a couple of the things my dad dropped off. My parents also gave us their piano. I'm so excited to try to pick up a little of the piano again and by judging from how happy it makes Savannah and Jaxon, having them take lessons too. Here are a couple pics!
This is my princess tea set. It is already a favorite of Savannah. She is a little OCD with it and everything has to be lined up and just so at each setting.
This is the back of my dollhouse box. I told Savannah I will put it up when she uses the potty and I think I am more excited then she is. I spent a few years and lots of allowances saving up for most of my playmobil. I still remember getting German Marks for my birthdays so I could go pick things out at the Playmobil factory and I remember getting the house and extra floor for Christmas presents. Lots of memories are rolled into my Playmobil and honestly the second I was told I was having a girl when I was pregnant with Savannah, I thought about this dollhouse.

My kids are LOVING the piano! Savannah asks to play it and Jaxon gets so excited when I sit him on the bench. They both softly hit the keys and laugh. The giant smiles on their faces are SO worth the more crowded look of our living room and just seeing them play it makes me smile. I remember playing and practicing on that same pink corduroy bench and am so excited to have a large reminder of my childhood in my home. This piano moved all over with my family and I can remember where it sat in almost every home. This is the first piece of furniture in our home that has been handed down and I am very grateful for it! Next project is re-upholstering the bench though. The pink corduroy has seen better days

1 comment:

alex said...

I saved my toys, too. And Madeline ruined my cute little strawberry shortcake dolls. Oh well. I couldn't really save them forever.