Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I am grateful for a great Dr

So I know there are some Dr's out there that are a bit money hungry and push c sections, but I realized that I really lucked out. I found out this morning that I have not progressed at all in the past 3 weeks and that though I was supposed to be induced on the 4th (our plan all along), my body is just not ready. I have cried on the way home from my last 2 appointments because I feel like for some reason its my fault that I cant dilate, but today I felt a little better as my Dr explained that this baby is just so high and not coming down so inducing would lead to a c section, which my Dr wants to avoid for my sake. I think he apologized to me 3 times (like it was his fault my body isn't pushing things along).

After 3 attempts at castor oil, miles of walking, eating everything that a wives tale out there suggests, I have decided that I should side with my Dr and really think of what is best... waiting. My due date is in 3 days and I will probably go over it, my hopes of my kids birthdays being further apart will not happen, but I am finally ok with it all. I just want this little guy to be safe and though my back is aching and I am so incredibly tired, I think I will just put it in God's hands and hope he is ok. I have an ultrasound on Thursday to check his size and position and am hoping things are lined up the way they should be. I'm just grateful for a Dr that doesn't push or risk the unnecessary.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

if jaxon is born on the 13th that would be noah's grandma o'connell's birthday.hi amy,hi savannah,hi noah.sounds like its a waiting game now,but it wont be long.grandma bongard sends her love,too.love you guys,teb

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Way to be positive Amy!!! I'm very impressed!!! Positive is not a word i would have used to describe myself when I was pregnant with Reed and over due!!! You are great!!! I cant wait to meet this little guy. His arrival is very much anticipated! :)