Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shoshone Falls

Let's start by saying I know I am not skinny, nor am I in good shape, but I am working on it. Noah and I have been hitting the gym and have even been taking spinning class together (never thought that would happen).

This past week with Jaxon being sick we have been taking turns with the kids, instead of handing them over to the child watch at the YMCA. It's still been nice to work out, but I thought it would be fun to do something together so I told Noah we were going for a walk/hike today. Shoshone Falls (known as Niagara of the West) is only about 6 miles away so I thought we should head over there.


I love this picture I took with the falls and a small rainbow. I thought it was beautiful, but Savannah was the most amazed out of our little bunch. She was so excited to see such big waterfalls.


Jaxon was pretty happy too. He loved wandering around on the lookout deck. I am so happy the gap between the bars was so small.


I was most excited by this find... a WOODCHUCK!!! I thought it was a small beaver, but noticed the furry tail.


We then headed up Centennial trail to Evel Knievel's jump site. I honestly did not think it would be that bad, but about 80% of it was pretty steep and even though it was only about 1.5 miles from the falls, it was tough pushing two kids in a jogging stroller. The views were beautiful.

Luckily the 1.5 miles back were mostly downhill back to the falls before another uphill walk to the car. Altogether it was about 3.5-4 miles of tough walking.

On another note... let it be know that Noah agreed we can start trying for another baby when I lose 40 lbs (my idea, he just agreed). Wish me luck!

No comments: