Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Girls Weekend!

It's been a few days since I got home, but I am finally caught up on life enough to share about my trip to Chicago. I am very lucky to have a hubby so willing to take time off work to be home with our kids, while I got to shop and play! I got into Chicago late Thursday night and Amy and I got to start chatting about everything while we waited a little bit for Lauren. We knew we had to get up really early to make it to the Oprah taping, but that didn't stop us from talking a lot! We slept for 2 hours before trying to get pretty for Oprah (too bad it was raining and our hair and make up got wet).All of us waiting in line to get inside Harpo Studios

The show airs Friday April 15th and is a sad one. We joked a lot about how any topic would be awesome except Suze Orman or child abuse. Just so happens the show is on child abuse. I think I cried for about half of the taping. I left just wanting to go home, hug my children and apologize to them for anything I may have done wrong in my almost 4 years of motherhood. When there are boxes of tissues under every row in the audience, you know it's not because we're all getting cars.

After the guests left the stage, Oprah talked with everyone and tried to lighten the mood. She is a funny and amazing woman. No matter the subject, being able to be in her audience is an experience I will never forget.


All of us after hitting up the Oprah Store.

I like this picture I took of Lauren taking a picture where we waited for Oprah.

After Oprah we headed to the Magnificent Mile for lunch and Cheesecake factory and some shopping.
After staying up late again, we woke up early to head for a Spa Day. Manicures, pedicures, facials and massages. It was wonderful and an experience we will never forget. When we were all done, we spent quite a while in the car talking about all of the violating experiences we had with our massages. Donna... you were a bit rough, but you gave me the best massage I had ever had. We did some more shopping at the Woodfield Mall (huge mall!), before heading back to Amy's house.

Of course there was a trip to Sonic for onion rings


There had to be a bat involved in some part of this trip, so I made Amy's dog Watson a little toy.
We had such a great time. I was amazed how nice it was to just be with these girls again. I missed my family a lot, but it was hard to think about how much I missed them, when I was always laughing until my sides hurt and so into our "girl talk."
Thank you to Amy's hubby Alex for putting up with us and especially to Amy for making this trip happen. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

oooh that little bat is sooo cute! And you are so lucky...I would love to go to an Oprah taping :)