Thursday, December 23, 2010

My favorite Chritsmas memories

Many of you know I have been blessed with a great memory (which you may or may not agree with it's accuracy) and some pretty amazing life experiences. This time of year has always been a favorite of mine and many of my favorite memories gather around this time of year.
I loved living in Germany and seeing the Nuremberg Christkindlesmarkt on field trips and finding prune people, eating the most amazing bratwurst on brotchen and finding little gifts for my family.
I loved our Christmas Eve tradition of eating Lasagna, reading the Christmas story from the Bible and opening the presents from my siblings
I remember Christmas Day movie theater outings and my two favorite years 1-when we saw Star Trek 6 and I threw up in my sister's popcorn 2- When my mom, dad and I wanted to see Catch me if You can, but due to it being sold out, we saw Drumline. My dad referred to it as a "cultural experience."
I miss seeing the Candlelight Processional and the amazing light displays around Disney World. (Snow just doesn't make up for it)
I remember the year we moved to Florida and went to see the live filming of the Disney Christmas Parade. It took FOREVER and was not as exciting as we thought because they stop the floats over and over. The only exciting place was on Main Street where the filming took place. We were by the castle.
1997 I went with friends to see the Backstreet Boys film their segment of the parade and got to talk with AJ. I remember being so smitten and after I took the Mickey Santa hat I was supposed to return, I kept it near my bed.
I will never forget when we lived in North Dakota and the year I got a pair of double blade ice skates to use on the frozen fireman made pond behind our house.
2005-the year I told Noah I loved him, went home for Christmas break after being told he didn't "do long distance," then he called me and told me he realized he loved me too.

Savannah's first Christmas in Colorado with my sister Kara's family and my parents. It was my first Christmas getting to hold a baby in my arms.
There are many more great memories and I know there will be more to come. I am very excited for this Christmas. We will be going down to Provo to spend it with my family and Savannah is so excited. Merry Christmas Everyone!!

No comments: