Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Tree

As I took down the few Halloween decorations we had, Savannah got very upset. She loves Halloween and even though I told her Christmas decorations were going to be up soon, it didn't seem to click. I told Savannah about Thanksgiving and that it was the next holiday so we could decorate for it. For the last 20 days we have colored turkey pictures, cut out apples, etc. My favorite project was our Thanksgiving tree. I am no artist, but I tried to draw a tree. Savannah helped me color it and then we cut it out and put it on the wall behind the toys. We bought leaves at Jo-anns and Target and stuck them on the tree. Savannah then told me it needed an owl. At some point there was a baby owl and turkey too, but I didn't get a photo of it complete.
As silly as this sounds, every time I looked at this tree I think of things I am thankful for. I have tried to really focus on one thing each day through the month. It has been a couple of hard weeks and healthy children, doctors, modern medicine and insurance are some of the things I am thanking God for every day.
Our tree is down now. We set up Christmas on Thursday night because Noah was heading back to Twin Falls Friday morning and I wanted it up before we come back from our Utah/Disneyland trip. Though our paper tree is down, I am still making sure to take time to think of things I am grateful for. I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving and remembers all the things to be be thankful for.

3 comments:

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

We have a Thanksgiving Tree, too! We write things we are thankful for on the leaves and hang them from a branch I potted. love it!

Lauren's Latest said...

I love your owl!

Bongard Family said...

Thanks Nikki! I think I am going to something like that next year. What a great idea!

Thanks Lauren... you can't see all the detail in it, but just know I was pretty bored that day and the owl has feathers. The baby owl did too, but I have no idea where it went.