Monday, November 15, 2010

My week

I have had a week of pajamas, sweat pants and Dr visits. We venture to the store when we run out of tylenol and motrin (go through a lot when your giving 1 tsp every 3 hours). Went back to the Dr on Tuesday to hear keep giving him meds, but I knew something else was going on. All week I cuddled Jaxon and he never wanted down. Hardly eating, hardly drinking and sleeping a lot still did not bring down his fevers. I kept thinking maybe the antibiotics would start working but decided to call the pediatrician again on Saturday.
I went to the bathroom for maybe a minute and came out to find Jaxon covered with toys thanks to his sister. Poor guy felt so horrible he didn't even fight it.
I was told to watch him over night again and take him the urgent care on Sunday. I hate looking like a high maintenance mommy and I am pretty sure they thought I was paranoid, but when they took his temp of 104.4 they knew I wasn't. All the cool baths, wearing nothing but tee shirts and ice pack compresses weren't working and turns out I was right. Jaxon still was sick. His one ear infection on Monday was now in both ears and pretty bad. He also has Herpangina which causes sores and ulcers all over Jaxon's throat and really high fevers for about a week. He got a shot to help get rid of everything and Jaxon is still on all his same meds as before. We go back to the Dr today at 1. After seeing 4 different doctors in the past week, we will finally meet their new pediatrician. I bet she has a great impression of me so far!
The shot must have really helped. Jaxon was happy to do some coloring last night.

Noah comes home tonight after not seeing him since we got back from the hospital. I am hoping Jaxon will sleep in his bed tonight. He has been sleeping with me so I can monitor his temp through the night and make sure he doesn't have another febrile seizure. Disneyland trip is in less than 2 weeks and I am praying all sickness is done before then!

No comments: