Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Love blogging

Not that I sit down and do it very often, but I love my blog. Not necessarily the background or set up, but that I have it. I am horrible at journaling and this has become my little documentary of life. I was wondering when exactly Savannah started hitting milestones and little phases of life and I'm so happy I have things documented with pictures too.

So for my benfit, I am going to update my future self on how my kids are right now...

Jaxon has started babbling like crazy and Noah and I were trying to think of when Savannah started talking. I know Jaxon is not close to real words, but hearing "dadadada" is the beginning. I was looking on my blog and saw that Savannah had 5 words down around 9 months so we have some things to look forward to soon. Its crazy how ahead Savannah was with smiles, crawling, walking, running, etc. and Jaxon is pretty much right on course with Savannah. Apparently our babies that come out holding their heads up just want me to have to baby proof things and chase them earlier than other moms.

Jaxon is sitting up for about 4-6 minutes before falling over and always wants toys now. He is rolling quite well and is managing to wiggle his body enough to move around during tummy time. I guess he is more smiley than he should be too. When I took my kids to get pictures, the photographers could not get over how much he smiled being a day over 5 months. He has been smiling since before Thanksgiving and does this little bashful tuck into me while grinning when people smile at him. I love it! He has been laughing since right before New Years and I think there is not much sweeter than baby giggles. He also wants to eat everything in sight. Jaxon lunges for your food if your holding him while eating. He eats 2 huge bowls of cereal a day in addition to mum mum treats and (as of yesterday) sweet potato puffs. He is such a cuddler and always wants to be held or at least close by.

Savannah is growing up too fast. For the past 3 weeks she has helped me grocery shop and is a master at sneaking things into the cart but also telling me what everything is. Hearing her say "avocado" is my favorite. She went to the dentist for the first time last Tuesday and was so excited. I don't know if it was going somewhere new or the fact that everything was Disney and she was in the "Finding Nemo" room, but she was so good! I also had a very tearful moment after when I realized I did not have to translate anything she said to the dentist and hygienist. Then we had another moment as I painted her finger and toe nails tonight and she sat so still. Though she talks back, says no all the time and loves to sneak things whenever she can, she has quite the personality and fight in her and I am so excited to see where that head strong little personality leads her in life. She likes to carry her purse and loves to wear my heels and make up. She drapes things all over herself and loves dressing up. She adores Mickey Mouse and her little brother. They are probably her two favorite things in the world. Jaxon gets more hugs and kisses than anyone and Savannah will always come and tell me if Jaxon is not happy. Her favorite movie is the Rescuers right now and she will sing the songs. So cute! She counts up to 15 and can count backwards from 7. She likes to race and go shopping. Her favorite places are "Malmart, Targe and Cosco." Thanks to learning a thing or two from her cousin Eli, she also loves to play Rockband. She likes the drums and singing most. I hope to get her singing "twinkle, twinkle little star" recorded and on here soon.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I have to agree, I LOVE the blog. Jon says that I read my blog more than anyone else, and it is true. I LOVE going through since Maddy was born and reading through my blog and looking how much she has grown, and my perspectives on her and how they have changed. I am totally printing our blog off this year.