Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

While Noah enjoyed four days of work, watching movies, sleeping and playing video games, Jaxon, Savannah and I went on a little road trip with my parents to Santa Rosa for Thanksgiving. Every year my family (on my Dad's side) get together on my Great Aunt Thelma's property to eat together. There is always amazing food, awesome scenery, and wonderful people. Some relatives are very distant and some are a little more closely related, but we all manage to figure out how on a giant family tree. People tell great stories, and its so nice to catch up a bit.


This was only the fourth time I have gone, and it was the first time since getting married. It was a bit of a challenge bringing my babies out there without Noah, but my cousins did not have too much of a problem passing Jaxon around while I handled Savannah's tantrums (and there were lots). I hardly knew my Dad's side of the family (other than writing to my second cousin Jessica) until I was 15, but I love each time I get to see them and hear of all their adventures and successes.



Between the 13 hours drive each way and having very little toddler proofing, I think it was a really great trip. I had a great time with my parents and I am glad they got to spend a little more time bonding with my kids. We had a fun little trip to the mall on black Friday, some really good laughs and overall a really good time.

Here are a few pictures. I did not take as many as I would have liked, but I will add more later when I see what pictures my Dad has. :)

Jessica, Missy (the dog) and Savannah
Aunt Thelma, my parents, my kids and me
Trying to destroy Thelma's house
Savannah was a fan of the Viking helmet
Jaxon and Sarah
Jessica and Jaxon
Karin and Jaxon
Erica helping Savannah get things out of the tree
Jessica and Savannah
Savannah and Megan's boyfriend Sean
Riding in the car at the Jelly Belly factory during our pit stop on the way home

1 comment:

alex said...

Looks like fun. My brother and his family live in Santa Rosa. I wonder if they know them?