Monday, October 5, 2009

So yesterday during the end of the first session of Conference I somehow ended up with both my kids passed out on me. I was stuck and couldn't get up, and to make it a little more challenging for me, the remote was across the room. I wasn't going anywhere so I just sat for a few minutes and thought about life. If you knew me 4 years ago my life was very different. I had not met Noah yet, had no intention of ever getting married and did not want kids for at least 10 years. Funny how life changes and its totally for the better. I could not imagine my life without my favorite 3 people in it.

When Noah and I were seriously dating the topic of how many kids do you want came up. I remember Noah saying he wanted 6 and I only wanted 2, so we thought an even compromise of 4 would work. Now I want as many as we can afford and care for. I love my kids! People have asked me if I have had any hint of post partum depression or baby blues this time around and the answer is no! The only time I got remotely emotional enough to cry was when I thought about how I only get to hold a new baby so many times in my life and how it goes by too fast. I'm crazy and actually love getting up to feed my little Jaxon because I only get to have that time and experience with him for such a short portion of his life.

I love my family! I love my little helpless and sweet baby. I love my crazy toddler who tests every rule and boundary. Most of all I love my amazing husband who works so hard to take care of us and then comes home to do dishes and hold and play with his kids before I get my kiss goodnight. You never know what people will change your life, but I am one of the lucky ones who has had my life changed for the better by my amazing family and I am so excited to see how life turns out... as long as it does not come too fast :)

1 comment:

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

What a sweet post Amy! You are a wonderful Mother. Those two kids are lucky to have you!