Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I must look awesome in public

So I just got back from a super quick to Walmart and I must look totally awesome to people when its just the kids and I. First I have still not mastered who to get out of the car first. I had Jaxon in the car seat in one hand and with the other hand I was trying to get Savannah out of her seat. Im sure it looked like some sort of child abuse as I lifted her out by her wrist. I promise she did not get hurt! Then I was trying to get inside while my diaper bag was falling down my arm, Savannah was walking at turtle speed and my pants started falling down. (Fun image... I know!) I stopped some guy halfway to the door and asked if I could have his cart, which made him have to wait inside his car for me to get my kids in it and I did not think to move the cart from behind hid car first. So then I try to bribe Savannah with french fries to sit in the cart. She dumped them out as soon as we passed the Walmart greeter and store manager. I did not notice until I had a 10 ft trail of fries behind me. I had the old lady greeter and the manager helping me pick them up and then he kept trying to talk to me and tell me it was ok over and over, like I was going to break down over fries. He kept asking me if I wanted him to go ask for more. I just wanted to get away from the situation. Then Savannah kept standing in the cart, which I could not see too well because she is just short enough for my view to be covered by the car seat. I got some dirty looks from employees and a few of them told her to sit. Lets just say that we will be staying home for a while again. Trips aren't so bad when we use the stroller, but I do look pretty awesome trying to get that 40lbs thing in and out of my car.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Oh Amy, I can only imagine! I had such a hard time figuring out how the ONE kid would work I can't even imagine 2. I am getting all these new anxities about having 2 kids! You will have to coach me through it!