Friday, November 21, 2008

Amazing people

I am constantly amazed at how much other people love and help me. I am not one to ever ask for help, but when I am desperate there is always someone there. I have been proven time and time again that people are not always out for themselves in the world. I grew up with many fair wether friends, but in the past few years have met some truly amazing people.

Last night my car broke down on the way to work and without hesitation they guy at work said it was not problem if he had to wait a little longer, Noah came to rescue me, and my neighbors came over (even though they are teachers and up and out of the house very early) to be close to my sleeping baby. I hate feeling out of control, but its so wonderful to know there will always be people there for you... just like last week when my friend Elise said it was no problem watching Savannah at 6am, when her own baby would still be sleeping. I don't feel worthy enough to be around such amazing people.

This weekend my wonderful friend Amy coming into town, and she is one of those amazing people. Someone who was one of the first to prove to me what a true friend is. I am so excited to continue to have the opportunity to surround myself with greatness. I hate to think what the world would be like without these people.

Just another quick example. Noah and I have been talking about ways to strengthen our marriage, because there is always room for improvement. I just got home after working all night and getting the car fixed, to find a dry erase board he bought and wrote on. He split it into 8 boxes and wrote the days of the week and upcoming events. In each square were goals and things we had talked about. Its so wonderful to know that we are both in this full hearted and that little things, like being better at brushing our teeth at least twice a day and saying family prayers more often, written on a board can show how much we want this to work forever.

No comments: