Saturday, May 2, 2009

The joys of online bargains

So there are a few things that make me truly proud of myself and finding amazing deals is one of them. I made a list of things we want/need for this baby and a time frame to have each so we are not spending a crazy chunk of change at once. I wanted a good breast pump, a baby swing (we went without for Savannah, because I held her most of the time), a good carrier, new nursery furniture (we have cheap stuff and know it wont last plus its given me splinters), a bassinet, a double stroller, and boy clothes.
Slowly I am hunting for deals on everything and have already found some pretty good ones. I got the pump I wanted off eBay for less than half the price, found the swing we want for less than half the price, and I just put a bid on a carrier/sling at half price. I am proud of myself. I know we will not have to get the bedding or crib right away because we found a great bassinet that will be great for at least 4 months, but we found the one we want at USA baby on a great deal. I also found this really great site that led me to Albeebaby.com where we found the stroller we want at a cheaper price, with free shipping. I love the Internet! We will probably end up spending a third of the original estimate I had for everything. Yea for planning ahead!

No comments: