Saturday, December 6, 2008

Little Flashback


I just sat down to look at some pictures and began to tear up. Its been almost 15 months since Savannah came into our lives and the time has flown by so fast that its hard to believe how much she has grown and changed. I was looking at pictures from the first 2 weeks of her life and so many feelings came back to me. I remember feeling lost, unworthy, and scared. Most of all I remember when I held her those first few weeks and was so worried I wouldn't be a good mom to this little person I didn't really know.



Oh how things have changed. I still feel scared, especially since she is so much like me. I don't feel as lost, but I still feel unworthy to have her. I still have a hard time believing I am a mom, and that I helped create her, because she is so amazing. She talks all the time, runs everywhere, loves to explore, and seems to always have these little tasks she sets her mind to and will not be bothered until she is done. I remember worrying about what she was going to be like, and if she would like me. That first day we held her was like meeting a little stranger you cant help but love. I remember looking at her and wondering who she was going to be and what she was going to be like. I have a feeling she is only going to become more and more amazing, and full of surprises.

No comments: